GTP 에서 야마우치를 단독 인터뷰 했군요. 멋지네요 @@

GT아카데미에서의 휴먼 드라마의 의미는?

- 게임 이상의 영향력, (저희가 생각하는 그의미인듯)

배포 이벤트의 테마에 대해서?

- 온라인 운영팀에서 다음에 원하는것이 무엇일지 생각하고 결정

그란5 또는 향후 그란시리즈에서의 드래그 레이싱 가능성?

- 좋은 생각이다. 끝

그란5에서 포인트와 레벨 시스템의 도입에 대한 결정의 이유는?

- 왜 뭘 했냐에 대한 답은 항상 어렵다. 그때는 그게 맞다고 생각해서 한거지만, 나중엔 모르겠다. 그란4의 연장이 그란5가 아닐수 있고, 이후 버젼도 마찬가지가 될수 있다.

그란5의 사운드 이펙트에 대해서 어떻게 생각하는지? 너무 빈약하다거나 너무 인공적인 피드백/비평이 많다. 이러한 피드백을 향후 시리즈에 반영할 예정인가? (중요)

- 내 관점에서 현재 그란의 사운드는 너무나 리얼하다. 우리가 레코딩시 사용한 방법, 우리가 다이노에서 로드를 주어서 만들어낸 사운드, 그외 우리가 만들어낸 사운드는 너무나 정확하다. 향후에 사운드에 다소 변화를 주는것?은 좋을것 같다. 그리고 도전해보고 싶은 부분이다.

(고로 현재 사운드에 상당히 만족한다는 야마우치씨의 대답. 변태적인? 야마우치씨의 완벽주의 성격이 만들어낸 티없는 사운드아닐까 싶습니다)

최근 시장에 하이퀄리티의 레이싱 게임과 시뮬레이터가 등장하고 있다. 이런 게임과의 차별점은 무엇이며 향후에 어떻게 진화할 생각인가?

- 우리가 알고있는것보다 더 잘알고 있지 않은가? 당신이 선택할 문제라고 생각한다. 여전히 향후에 하고싶은것들이 많으며, 시간이 충분치 않다. 우리가 무엇을 넣을수 있을지 패키지가 준비될때까지 기다려봐야 한다.

(개인적으로 상당히 오만한 생각이라고 생각됩니다. 그란의 장점은 충분히 많지만 다른 게임의 장점을 받아들이는 자세가 필요하다고 생각하고, 그런 장점을 녹여 보다 완벽한 그란을 만드는것이 바람직하지 않나 생각합니다. 너무 본인의 길을 고집하는거 같은 느낌이네요. 언제나 그렇듯이..)

-사족-

그란을 아끼는 게이머로서 다소 그란에 배타적인 의역이 들어가 있을 수 있습니다. 야마우치씨의 장인 정신에 항상 감탄하지만, time to market 에 있어서 그란은 0점이지 않나 싶습니다. 현재 그란에 완성되어진 무한한 데이터를 활용하여 메인 스티림인 그란6 이전에 다양한 컨텐츠가 나와주면 좋을거 같습니다. 찔끔찔끔 dlc 보다는 말이죠. 그렇다곤 해도 그나마 나오는 DLC는 여가부 덕에 국내에선 받지도 못할 뿐더러, 받을 수 있을때도 저는 안받은 불량 게이머 ㅡ,.ㅡ;;;;; 야마우치를 멋지게 인터뷰한 GTP가 부럽네요 ㅎ

Before the 2012 GT Awards, I had the opportunity to sit down with Kazunori Yamauchi for a brief interview. We covered a wide range of topics, and I tried to cover some of the most frequently asked questions and discussed topics in GTPlanet’s forums.

Thank you to my friends at SCEA for helping to arrange this interview, and thank you to Kazunori-san for his time and his interesting responses.

On behalf of the GTPlanet community, thank you for your time today, it is great to speak with you again. As you know, fans are eager to learn more about your future plans for the Gran Turismo series. At the GT Academy finals at Silverstone, you said you wanted to focus on “human drama” in the next game. Can you explain what you meant by that?

Yes, I am sure the GTPlanet community and the fanbase there are wondering what I was talking about.

So to expand on that further, I believe Gran Turismo is not only a video game; it’s a movement. When I was at the GT Academy finals, I saw all those young people with the talent and the capacity to be involved in something that might be life-changing for them. I saw how Gran Turismo had an effect on their lives, so what I meant by that comment was that I hope GT will continue to have that affect in the future as well, because I could really see the impact Gran Turismo has had on people.

I hope it will continue to have that impact and to create drama in that sense.

Can you describe how the various themes, cars, and tracks are chosen for GT5‘s Seasonal Events?

Every time, our Online Operations team at Polyphony Digital has a discussion of what they would like to do next, then they come to me with their ideas. I take their ideas and then we decide what to do from there.

I think the online team has a very difficult job, because within the resources GT5 has they have to come up with something different every time.

You designed Gran Turismo PSP with an open structure to focus on car collection. If you were to build another mobile game, would you preserve this structure, or would you design it with a more traditional order of progression as found in other Gran Turismogames?

I always want to challenge myself to do something new every time, so if I were to create another mobile game it would be different from both GT PSP and from GT5.

Many online rooms in GT5 are created by players who want to compete against each other in drag races. GT4, of course, featured a drag strip here in Las Vegas, but there is no specialized drag racing track in GT5. Will a formal drag racing mode ever appear inGT5 or return to the series in future games?

I think there is a good chance drag racing will be featured in future Gran Turismo versions, yes.

And I think I have said this before as well, but when I went to see the NHRA drag races, I really got to see how involved those races are, because within a few seconds you can win or lose the race.

So, for example, if you had a car break after three seconds, it’s not strong enough, but if you have one that lasted for ten seconds, it would be too slow to win the race, and I think that’s the gist of drag racing. So far I have found it difficult to incorporate that into the game.

Can you explain why you decided to introduce the experience point & leveling system in GT5, and do you expect to keep it in future games?

It’s always difficult to answer a question about why we chose to do something. When we design Gran Turismo, a lot of it is just based on what we feel is the right decision at the time. When GT5 was released it just felt right to have those experience points, and that’s why we did it. I don’t know what will feel right in future games.

Every Gran Turismo version is actually very different and made from scratch; we really go back to the drawing board for a lot of things. GT5 isn’t necessarily a continuation of GT4, and the next game won’t necessarily be a continuation of GT5.

Critics often complain about the car engine sounds in GT5, claiming they sound sterile or artificial. What is your opinion on these engine sounds in GT5, and will these critics’ concerns be addressed in future games?

My perspective is that the sounds in Gran Turismo are just too real. With the recording method we use, we use a dyno and put the load on, and the sound we produce is just too accurate. I think it would be a good thing to sort of design the sound a little bit, and so that is something I would like to challenge ourselves with in the future.

What I find is that one of our themes with Gran Turismo is to create something that is real; that is what our team is focused on, but that can be an issue sometimes as well. If we see something in front of us, we try to reproduce that very accurately, and that tendency is getting stronger.

But, I think we maybe need to make things sexier sometimes, and I think that is something the Gran Turismo team might need to work on. It could also be because our team is growing in number, which could be one of our barriers to that goal.

There are many high quality racing games and simulators on the market today. What do you feel makes Gran Turismo 5 different from these games, and how do you think these features will evolve in the future?

As for how GT5 is different from the other games, that is something you all probably know better than we do, and I think that is something for you all to decide!

As for the future, there are always so many things that we want to do and usually just not enough time, so we’ll just have to wait until the package is ready to see what can make it in.

Lucas Ordóñez just competed at Petit Le Mans in the radical DeltaWing car. What are your thoughts on this car, and can playersever expect to drive it in a Gran Turismogame?

The engineering is very interesting on the DeltaWing; it looks kind of strange to me, like a tricycle, but it is based on very solid engineering and so that is very interesting to me. To try and understand that car is like trying to solve a puzzle.

As for people being able to drive the car in a Gran Turismo game, well, Lucas is awinner of GT Academy, so that is always a possibility.

For over ten years, the GTPlanet community has tried to figure out what type of car is under the sheet on the North American cover of the first Gran Turismo game; many think it is a 1997 Camaro. Can you finally put this debate to rest and reveal what the car is?

[Laughs, a long pause...] I think it was just a sportscar, nothing really strange, but I really don’t remember…I’ll have to look that up!

title: iRacing 로고닭꾸미 2012-11-05 오후 21:56

사운드 부분에선 다소 황당(?)스럽네요ㅋㅋ

title: 아이거npcsks3 2012-11-05 오후 23:37

야마우치는 막귀인듯 ㅋㅋ

title: GT6데미갓 2012-11-05 오후 23:47

노친네 가는귀 제대로 먹으신듯;;;

title: 대한민국광아저씨 2012-11-06 오전 01:03

앞으로 사운드팀 예산으로 계속 회식하겠다는 의지

J.Merkatz 2012-11-06 오전 08:55

솔직히 타이어/로드 사운드만 해도 너무 심플한데 ;;;;

title: iRacing 로고거친펜촉 2012-11-06 오전 11:26

그란 사운드가 리얼하다니 리얼하다니 리얼하다니 ㅠㅠ......

겨울림 2012-11-06 오후 23:37

올간만에 그란 소식이길레 기쁜 마음으로 봤는데..

으음;;;

펄스1234 2012-11-08 오전 10:21

귓밥팔때가 되셨나보군요..ㅡㅡ
아 짜증;;

Project CARS – Funding Goal Reached! file

Project CARS – Funding Goal Reached! Slightly Mad Studios’s Project CARS title is now fully funded thanks to their World of Mass Development portal. Launched in October 2011, the idea behind World of ...

프로젝트카스 title: GT6환영술사 2012-11-11 12:36 3862 0 4

Rfactor2 서킷 소식 및 유저들의 불만?소식입니다. file

안녕하세요 어떻게 보면 rfactor2 뉴스를 항상 다루고 있는 유저입니다..[하하하 ㅠㅠㅠ 눈물이 나네요 ㅠㅠ] 알팩터2 관련해서 이런저런 뉴스를 제공하고자 작성하게 됐습니다. (1) 첫번째 뉴스 Poznan for rFactor ...

기타 레이싱 OverAttack 2012-11-08 13:03 4133 0 3

아세토 코르사 새로운 개발스샷 file

물리 엔진과 훌륭한 그래픽, 두마리 토끼를 모두 잡기를 기대하는? 게임중 하나죠. Assetto Corsa. 기대가 큽니다. 이전 개발 스샷은 모델링이 별로 였는데, 이번 개발샷은 모델링이 훌륭하군요. 저정도 그래픽에 물...

기타 레이싱 title: GT6데미갓 2012-11-07 20:09 3901 0 2

2.09 패치 업데이트 알림 file

『그란 투리스모 5』 업데이트를 릴리즈하였습니다. 주요한 내용은 다음과 같습니다. ・온라인 라운지 [이벤트 설정]에서 [타이어/연료의 소모] 설정을 「없음」 「보통」 「빠름」 「매우 빠름」 네 단계로 조정할 ...

그란투리스모 title: GT6데미갓 2012-11-07 00:33 4034 0 5

GTP 야마우치 인터뷰 (엔진사운드有) file

GTP 에서 야마우치를 단독 인터뷰 했군요. 멋지네요 @@ GT아카데미에서의 휴먼 드라마의 의미는? - 게임 이상의 영향력, (저희가 생각하는 그의미인듯) 배포 이벤트의 테마에 대해서? - 온라인 운영팀에서 다음에 원...

그란투리스모 title: GT6데미갓 2012-11-05 21:48 3901 0 8

Release Notes for 2012 Season 4 file

Release Notes Website Downloading / Update Manager 회원 사이트의 다운로드 / 업데이트 관리자를 업데이트하여 안정성과 속도, 그래픽을 향상했습니다. 다른 멤버 페이지와 일치하는 새로운 디자인을 적용 했습니...

아이레이싱 title: 로터스 로고Epsilon 2012-11-05 10:56 4225 0 3

Need For Speed Most Wanted 발매. file

Need for Speed Most Wanted In US Stores Today Need for Speed Most Wanted is out today in The US and Canada on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, PlayStation Vita, tablet and phone. To get your copy, head fo...

기타 레이싱 title: GT6환영술사 2012-11-03 23:07 3069 0 3

Game Stock Car 2012 뉘르 트랙 공개 file

Game Stock Car 2012에서 뉘르 맵을 릴리스 했습니다. 이게임도 익숙치 않은 게임이네요. 주위를 둘러보니? 참으로 많은 레이싱 게임들이 있었습니다. 그래픽은 볼품 없어 보이지만, 아래 영상을보니 물리는 상당한 ...

기타 레이싱 title: GT6데미갓 2012-11-03 22:48 3593 0 3

새로올라온 커뮤니티스샷 #38 file

야마우치씨가 울고갈 게임, 프로젝트 카스, 패치 다운로드중인데, 3.4기가, 자고 일어나야겠네요; 물리엔진도 변화하고 있다던데, 큰 기대는 없지만 한번 해봐야 겠습니다.

프로젝트카스 title: GT6데미갓 2012-11-03 21:37 2620 0 5

GTR2 - Power&Glory file

Power & Glory 그룹에서 릴리즈한 GTR 2 의 패키지? 버젼인듯 합니다. 일종의 Open Source group 같은 곳인가 보네요. (제가 GTR에 잘 익숙치 않아서 ^^;) 300대 이상의 차종과 기타등등이 업데이트 된 버젼인거...

기타 레이싱 title: GT6데미갓 2012-11-02 19:34 6760 0 4